Translate

Friday, March 25, 2011

Winds of Change

I wish there was a way to personally tell all of you what God has done in the past two or three days. Incredible things are happening in my life and God is moving deeply in my heart. I have been reading a book on church planting and I am amazed at what God is doing all over the world by way redeeming people by family groups, people groups, countries and nations. I am praying about dropping English and going to church planting. I am struggling though, because I know that God has opened up so many doors with the kids in the area of teaching English, but in reality, we talk about English...not really about God. I see a world of people so open to hear about Christ and I´m talking about past tense, present tense and future tense of verbs. Is this what God has for me? I realize that God has given us all different giftings. I´m just trying to figure out where I can operate in my giftings and be most effective. I enjoy teaching English, but I LOVE watching people come to Christ.

The last three days have been incredible. I have really been seeking the Lord with all of my heart, and I am finding Him like never before. He is doing things that are incredible. I don´t know why I have waited to so long to start the discipline of prayer. Not just little second prayers, but real, genuine, pooring my heart out to God and listening to Him speak type prayer.

I am starting to really examine the reason why I´m here. My desire is to see all people follow after Christ with everything they have, growing in their faith and telling others about the change He has made in them. I am supposed to be here- God has made it obvious. Now its just about figuring out why and how I can best make His name glorified. I want this to be something I know God is calling me to, and that He has given me a passion for. Anyways, please pray for God´s direction, for Lauren and I as we seek what God wants us to do individually and as a team. Lauren has had a heart and passion for church planting for a while, and so I am asking Him if He wants me to join her in this, or to continue to teach in the schools. I believe God sends people out two by two, but that He gives both of them a heart an passion for something individually and as a team.

More to come soon! Oh, good news, we may have found more permanent housing! We will know on Sunday.

Thank you for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment