Translate

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Well, it´s so great to be back. Carly left yesterday, which was not so great, but it was really cool for us each to get a taste of the other one´s world. I was so very thankful for that opportunity. Last night, got to hang out with two amazing people, Wes and Erica. They were a part of Carly´s team that ended up staying in Lima for a couple extra days because they had a later flight.  It was such an unexpected blessing and encouragement to get to spend some time with them. We went to the water park and talked like we were old friends. So cool how God never stops with the ¨refreshing your life¨ business.


My sweet new friends, Erica and Wes

Then, hopped on a combi and headed to Ventanilla, which is about 2.5 or 3 hours away. I ended up meeting Julie, a girl who is about my age and makes shirts. Her brother was with her on the the combi, and we ended up talking about everything from work to family to God to buying water. They were so sweet and helped me change combies when I needed to do that. It is incredible how many people go out of their way to help me. Julie gave me her number within the first 2 minutes of meeting her, and then at the end of our conversation, envited me to spend the rest of my day with them. Of course I couldn´t, because I was going to Ventanilla, but it was so nice of them to ask.

So then I went to the community to see about teaching this year. I got to talk to Miguel, who told me that I could teach again but that I just had to bring them a schedule of the hours I wanted to work. Because I want to also work in a school in the city of Ventanilla, I need to go check on that first, and see if that will be possible, and then once I have their schedule, I can start teaching at the community. I would really like to give intensive English classes there too, so we´ll see what happens.

When I was at the community, I got to talk to several of the older girls. They are so precious and each of their stories is so touching. What they have to say is different, what they are thinking about, what problems they have. I love them so much, and it was so good to catch up with them. I wish I could go into their lives and fix all of their problems. Many of the problems are not just their problems, they are shared problems. By that, I mean they are affecting other people. And this hurts to see.

Something I have dealt with today is inexplainable fear. It is something that controls me way more than I want to admit. Sometimes I am just sitting somewhere and I start wigging out about something stupid. I have got to get some more control of that! Okay, I need the Holy Spirit to help me get some control of that...PLEASE!!!

Alrighty I get to go to church tomorrow, so I am going to go to bed.

Much love.
Nancy


No comments:

Post a Comment