Translate

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Watching God work

Well, this last week and weekend had been quite refreshing, and to be honest, I was pretty apprehensive about going back to life in Ventanilla. Sunday morning, I woke up and Lauren and I went to church with some of our American missionary friends that live in Surco. It was so wonderful to go to church and not be teaching. We had been to church several times before when we first moved here, but neither of us could understand the language enough to really know what was going on. So that always makes things hard =). This time around was really cool because we could understand better what was going on, and we could worship the Lord with other Peruvian Christians. Sunday was fun because I got to hang out with some Peruvian friends, and then I headed back to Ventanilla that evening. I was pretty apprehensive because I didn´t know where I was going to stay that night. Anyways, I ended up staying at a hostal. I called one of my Peruvian friends to spend the night with me, and she did. Her and her family ended up offering us a part of their house to live in, and I moved in yesterday. God definitely provides. I was so thrilled. It is a little two bedroom house that has its own intrance, and it even has a fridge! We had to go to the store yesterday and buy a stove (looks like a camping stove) and pots and plates and stuff like that, but I just kept thinking what a miracle yesteray was, and how when God calls, he always provides. I am so thankful for this Peruvian family who has let us live with them. We worked so hard to clean the little house out...I have never seen so much dust (makes it harder when you live in the desert lol).

We do have electricity too, which is so cool, but no running water. I am still getting used to that, but it´s okay. We dont have our own bathroom, so we just use their bathroom, and let me tell you, it´s really embarrassing to have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and go into their house, and the dogs start barking and wake everyone up....fantastic to be sure. And pretty embarrassing. Ha.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also was able to go to a school yesterday to see if I could teach English, and they said yes! So this week, I am in the middle of organizing my schedule...should be up and running by next week.

God is really teaching me the importance of humility. Lauren and I were able to have a really good conversation last night, and I really saw areas in which I have not put the Lord first and honored Him. It´s so easy to let pride get in the way. Especially when you work in a team. Please pray that God would continue to help us to be an encouragement to eachother, and that we would both find our encouragement, humility, joy and peace in the Lord.

Thank you so much.
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment