Translate

Monday, March 14, 2011

Ramblings...

I wrote this about a month ago, but completely forgot, so figured I should publish it =)

Well, I have been back in Texas for about two weeks, and it has been really good. I have gotten to hang out with my family (didn't really leave the house hardly at all for the first week) and I've gotten to see some friends and reconnect with some people that I haven't seen in ages. The last couple of days have been especially hard because I start imagining my life here and how it would be if I lived here again, and I think about the friendships I would have and the spiritual encouragement. That is hardest thing about being in Peru is not having the spiritual encouragement that I took forgranted in the States. I mean, I went from working full-time at DBU to living in Peru. Having Lauren there has been incredible- I could not have done this last year by myself, and the Lord knew that, and blessed me with an incredible sister in her.
But, it is so nice to just come back here and go to church. I really hadn't been to church in about a year (except for when I came home in October). And this time when I went to church with my family it was really cool, because I could listen to the sermon in Spanish. I guess it's always easy to see the things that are missing when you come back, but then, I hardly ever fight the battle of staying or leaving except when I am in the States. I know very confusing. And doesn't help that I seem to struggle with being indecisive.

No comments:

Post a Comment