Translate

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Well, this weekend, the community is selling chicken for a fund raiser. Lauren and I got to go to the market in Puente Piedra (which is like 15 minutes from Ventanilla) and let me tell you, was something I hope I never forget. Lauren got to go yesterday too, and so she had told me a little about, but I was so happy that I finally had the opportunity to experience it for myself. We hopped into the van and headed to the market. After several stops to sell some chicken that we had already made, we finally got to the market. It's a huge market, so when we first walked in, we saw lots of clothes and things not meat related for sale....and then I saw a chickens hanging upside down from the top of the stores...and then more chickens...and then live chickens...and then pigs and a cow...all hanging from the top of the stores. Then we were taking pictures in the market and I dropped Lauren's camera and all these people started laughing at us and making fun of us. But it was funny cause Lauren could understand everything they said. So she went up and started to one of the people in Spanish. Hahaha ...ooops. So yeah, today we are vending chicken...over 5,000 plates. And I don't think I will be eating chicken for a little while, thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment