Translate

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The weekend


The boys playing on the playground at the community, and then playing "Porque tanto..." with the boys after Biblestudy.

 Us and our roomies at Dominos, and then us with the Vent'Nilla sign livin' the good life.


All I have to say is that God is incredibly good. I have been wanting to blog for some time now, but just have not had the time. I don't really have much time now either, but I wanted to post a short update.

Last week, the college group from Southmont came and we had a blast. They have such willing hearts, and it was so fun to hang out with them. They were flexible and willing to pretty much do anything. During the week, we reorganized books, helped construct a library (and that included knocking out a sink with a sledge hammer) helping out in the baby house, doing Bible school for four days, making salvation story necklaces, building shelves, and a myriad of other things too. The group got to come to the chicken stand with us, (which Lauren and I were pretty excited about) and then this weekend we got to go to Lima and hang out. That was a blast. We went to the park of water (there are a ton of pics on facebook, so check them out :), and then Saturday we went to Plaza Mayor and watched the changing of the guard and went shopping at the markets there. Then we came back near our hotel and went shopping some more!! Boy it was a day! Then the group left that night, and Lauren and I went to dinner together and then ate some icecream! Yay for that. Sunday, we got up, and got ready to go out and spend the day celebrating Laurens bday. Somehow the lense of my glasses fell out and I think I accidentally flushed it down the toilet, so that was disappointing, but its okay. It was kinda funny. Okay so after we finally got our act together and left the hotel, we found this place to go play kid archade games in Larcomar (the mall thats built into the side of a cliff) and Lauren beat me at pretty much every single game. I let her though...what can i say..it was her birthday!!! Hahahah i am SOOO not good at some of those games. We played DDR and that was a blast....I got a score of E and Lauren got a score of D....didn't know you could get an E, but I did. Good to know I'm an expert dancer. Ha.

So then we went to Tony Romanos or whatever that place is called, because Lauren wanted a baked potato, and apparently they dont really have those here, so we were so happy that we found a place to serve them.  Then after we ate, we went to go get massages and pedicures and that was a blast. I know, some of you who have known me for a long time are probably having a heart attack right now that I (number 1) actually got a massage and pedicure, and (number 2), that I am actually admitting it. What can I say....I've changed :)

So yeah, after that we went to Starbucks and got up with our families and friends, and then caught our taxi home.

I want to write more about the things God did during the week, but I plan on updating the Southmont blog too...sorry to all of the readers that were expecting an update on that blog....we simply did not have time to update it, but I plan on doing it soon!!!

Much love,
Nancy




No comments:

Post a Comment