Translate

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Bed bug blogger

For at least the 50th time tonight, I´ve tried to sleep. And for at least the 50th time, I´ve failed. This time, my body is exhausted but my mind isn´t tired. Not really worried, just not tired. 

Some things you just shouldn´t post on blogs because they are far to embarrasing or just gross. One of those things would be getting BED BUGS. Which I am currently posting about. Yes, I discovered it yesterday when late night projects got the best of me, and swarms of those terrible little freckle-bettle-bugs joined me, crawling all over my body and making me want to cry out in agony because their tickly little feet were crawling EVERYWHERE!!. Do you know what a bedbug looks like? Or what it feels like when it crawls all over you? Well, this is what it looks like:


Nasty little thing, huh? And you know, they are about the size of the tinniest freckle you can still see. When they are crawling on your body, it feels like someone is taking a very fine-tipped pin and gently dragging it across your skin, but then CAWWWP- their bite just feels...annoying. Well, actually, it´s a blood-sucking bite, and, well, to say in the least it´s defininetly annoying.

Although it seemingly takes alot to embarrass me, this was one incident that was (and is) not only embarrassing, but also humiliating. What I probably should mention is that I am pretty sure I brought them back from the jungle when we went a few weeks ago. While I didn´t realize what they were at the time, I remember now that my bed in the hotel was infested with them, and I innocently thought, oh, they´re little. There´s bigger things to worry about. Little did I know...

With all of that being said, I am in the process of irradicating this infestation, and in f figuring out how to best do that, I learned that these nasty little creatures like to hide in the dark during the day time, but when it is night, oddly enough, they come out to play.

As I was thinking about this, I began to ponder the spiritual applications of this in my own life. In reality, really there are bigger things to worry about. Or, bigger things in our lives that we think are small and insignificant, but that cause an infestation of nastiness when figuratively speaking, ¨the light goes out.¨

I headed down to the beach to sit and spend a minute asking God what dark corners of my life He wanted to clean...what things I had maybe ignored or thought were ¨insignificant¨ and this is what He told me: 

1. Family issues (forgiving my parents and spiritually breaking the generational curses that are looming over our family). 

2. Interactions with the opposite sex: letting God truly fill my heart where I have had a ¨carved out part¨ labeled  ·I´m in control of this area· 

3.Developing better management of my time and money.

So, I ask for prayer as I work through these issues. Forgiveness is a daily thing that, when it´s truly run it´s course, allows us to be able to receive love as well as give it. It´s a chain breaker. 

That God would give me the wisdom and grace to bless my brothers in Christ and honor them in the Lord, as well as guard my own heart and theirs by not acting toward them with selfish or impure motives. In addition, truly falling in love with the Lord and letting him be my first and only love.

And then with time and money management: Firstly that God will send the funds in that I need to stay here, and that He will give me the wisdom to appropriate them where needed, and also to use this time to the max possible potential: it´s only a season of life and it won´t be like this forever. 

Thank you for your prayers. Sleep tight, and don´t let the bed bugs bite. Uggggg. ;)



2 comments:

  1. You write so beautifully and deep without being pedantic! I love to read your posts! Praying that all gets under control, that all your needs will be met, and that you will be obedient to what He shows you! I pray for myself in these areas too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading Mary...and thanks so much for the encouragement. It means so much.

    ReplyDelete