Translate

Monday, May 2, 2011

Employee day, Mexican fiestas and Prison

So yesterday was pretty flippin sweet. We had house church as usual and Lauren and I had to split up because she and Alvaro needed to go study the Bible and I needed to go to the doctor with the lady that is the hostess of our house church. So their Biblestudy went really well, and Lauren thinks the lady will become a Christian soon. Things with me and this senora did not go so well...come to find out, her DNI (peruvian form of identification) was expired and so she would not be able to get healthcare without that AND everything was closed or emergency only because Sunday was...Employee Day. Yes. Not kidding. Anyways, I think this lady has cataracts and so she is probably going to need surgery...as well as a new DNI that is not expired (not expensive). So, please be praying for this situation.


Our landlady and her family over for a Mexican fiesta (yes…it was leftovers…don´t judge =) Anyways, way cool cause like one of the first things they asked was what the symbols meant that were painted on the wall above the dining room table. These symbols are the arrows, cross and tomb that explain the gospel. It was Lauren´s idea to put them up there, so pretty cool that it is obvious enough to ask about, and that we get to explain the gospel every time someone asks. So anyways, we got to actually talk about the gospel several different times that night which was really cool. Her parents were there, and they were from the jungle, and it was so fun just getting to know her family. We were explaining what a blessing and miracle it was that we found this house, and she too told us that she had been praying for just the right people to move in.


Anyways, the night was great, and Nicchola came too and ended up staying after they left, and he, Lauren and I finished watching The Proposal which just happens to be one of my favorite movies. So we did that and ate some ice cream and Nicchola left and we went to bed.


So please continue to pray for all of the people that had dinner with us last night. The family as well as Nicchola. I know God is working on Nicchola´s heart, and it´s so cool to see.


Today was really good too. I worked on my newsletter and got it sent out (FINALLY) and then we went to the orphanage to do a late Easter event with the smaller kids’ houses. That went well. Some of the older kids that help out in the houses started asking me some tough questions and told me that the religion teacher there was teaching evolution and that Eve was a prostitute. This made me mad. The evolution thing is easer to talk about because that’s a more common one, but Eve being a prostitute? Really? Uggg. I told them that she was not, and that I would do some research on how reproduction happened in those first days (hmmmm should be a fun topic…) and then get back to them. So more than anything, my heart was burdened for the kids that are getting all this false information in school. Uggg. Please pray that God will protect their minds. Anyways, we got 4 of the 15 house Bible studies at the orphanage done, and looking forward to getting the others done sometime this weekend probably.


Tomrrow, I am going to the prison to talk to them about Lauren, Alvaro and I doing prison ministry. The minor crimes men´s prison is like 20 minutes from our house so doing ministry there would be cool. With Alvaro of course =) Alvaro was so funny…he told us that he was going to change his vocabulary when we went to the prison, that he was going to talk in a whole lot of slang (which, he already uses slang all the time), so this should be fun. Hahaha.


Anyways, point is, please pray for tomorrow, that the meeting will go well.


Also, just personally, I am dealing with a lot of negative thinking. So many awesome things happen, and I end up thinking about all the negative things…like how something could have gone differently or mainly just things personal faults or flaws and I focus on those. Please pray that God will help me to make an active pursuit against Satan´s schemes and that instead I will focus on the Lord and meditate on His thoughts about me and on scripture. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment