Translate

Monday, May 30, 2011

Bibles on the soccer field

Two really cool things have happened today. Number one. I found out our house came with internet. This has been a huge blessing because my internet contract was over today, and I didn´t have the money to buy internet, because being a foreigner, we have to pay for the entire year up front if we want it in our name. With doing everything with my residency this month, I didn´t really have any to spare. So, to the day, God provides =) Nicchola was over, and he knew how to hook it up, so, presto, we internet. So thankful.

The other thing that happened that was so cool is that I went to meet with this lady that I met at a soccer complex...I met her a few weeks ago, and she had invited me to study the Bible with her. We were sitting there in the sun on the soccer field, Bibles open, soaking up the sun. We sit down she immediately starts to tell me what a mess her marriage is and her husband has been with another woman for 3 years, but she and her husband still sleep in the same bed. She told me about how her life didn´t have any meaning and about how she had tried to kill herself one day with a car. She raised up her sleeves and showed me her wrists where she had cut herself time and time again.

We talked about the gospel alot and about God´s love for us. We studied Gen. 1 together and talked about God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit all being there when the world was being created. We talked about being a child of God and repentance and giving him all that you are, but I am not sure it´s hit her yet. I think she thinks that the Christian life is supposed to be easy, and I told her that it wasn´t. This is a woman who has so many hard things her life, and has such a hunger for the Lord, but I think there are alot of misunderstandings. Please pray that the gospel moves from her head to her heart. I can tell her all day long the gospel, but until the Holy Spirit draws her heart, she won´t get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment