Translate

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Update

Well, the last three days have been pretty interesting. Wednesday night, I ate the infamous hambourgesa pollo (desculpa, mi amigos peruana...my spelling is terrible) and things were not the same after that. After three shots in the butt, blood tests, and a ton of pills, things are a little better. I woke up Thursday morning with body aches, and pretty bad stomach and headaches. And the ever so lovely diareaa and throwing up came too. I am so thankful for a clinic on the campus of the community. Its scary sometimes, because I dont know what is going on, but everything they have done so far has worked. My biggest prayer request is that God will let my body adjust and stop getting sick. This has been the biggest frusteration for me, and it has been the biggest setback. Please pray that God will grant me strength to do what He has ordained beforehand that I should do, and that He will help me to walk in the grace and love of His presence.

So many opportunities are being opened up here to talk with the kids about Jesus and what He did for them on the cross. It is really overwhelming. We can hardly go anywhere without someone coming up and asking Lauren to explain something to them. I am still learning the language, so its not happening to me much yet. It is realy overwhelming, and Lauren and I are praying that God will send more strong Christians here to help. The scripture that says ¨The harvest is pleantiful but the workers are few¨could not be more true. So one of my deepest prayers is that you pray for God to send more people to Ventanilla, Peru. And if you are reading this, and you know God is calling you here, PLEASE COME.

No comments:

Post a Comment