Translate

Wednesday, April 7, 2010


So I just wanted to write a little about what has been going on lately. There is SOO much to tell, but here are a few highlights. Karina and Luis Felipe came to visit for a little while a couple two weekends ago, and it was so much fun. We went to the market down the street, and that was an experience. Seriously. They just have everything right out there for you to see and buy. The chickens are fresh. And you know what I mean by fresh. Ha. And there are about 5 million flies and they come with the food…for free if you want them!! Haha. So yeah but it was fine cause you just wash everything off really good and hope you don’t get sick from the water. So far, no problems. Well, maybe a few, but its okay ;). Okay yeah but in all seriousness, we had a blast. We made Agina de Gallina and I basically don’t know how to spell it, but it was so great. Muy Rico!!!

Luis Felipe, Me, and Karina


Milagros...shes so amazing. Shes lived in Ventanilla her whole life and actually lived at the community and now shes back as a volunteer. We are makin some sweet stuff here. YUMMMMM




Sweet Karina with some of the girls.
This is probably one of my favorite pictures of Lauren. He was just hugging her and hugging her with this huge grin on his face.


Last week, there was a huge fire behind the Community and it burned down two houses. I am so thankful for that it did not come down the hill and burn down the Community. Please keep the families whose houses burned in your prayers.


I have the best job ever...I get to have 730 children that I never birthed and that I dont have to pay for their college. I get to take their pictures and give them hugs and listen to their stories. I love it. These boys are from ABC and they have the responsibility of feeding the alpacas every day. They were SOO funny.

So yeah. Things have been going really really well. There are days that are harder than others, but I absolutely love being here and I am so thankful that the Lord has given me this opportunity. I have been thinking lately about how thankful I am for the other people who made it possible for me to be here, and who have helped me out while I have been here. I do not understand why God is so good to me and why He has blessed me with so many things. I do not deserve it. But thats the most incredible thing about grace and a second chance. I am so thankful for both of those things.

What I am most thankful for is a God who cares enough about me to have a personal relationship with me. I honestly do not how I would do live without Him. I was thinking the other about how life would be without Him and I honestly couldnt imagine it. I am so thankful for His sacrifice on the cross to cover my sins and that He paid the price. I am thankful that He is willing to meet me where I am and that I do not have to work my way into heaven or work my way into his presence. I am so thankful for grace, and that He sustains me, with all my quirks and weirdness. I am so glad He understands me and that He has given me friends who also understand me. I am sooooo blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment