Translate

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

¨God has set things in motion, taken a step back and sometimes sporatically chooses to intervene in our lives,¨ She says between wrinkled lips and kind eyes. She had the kindest of intentions, but I sit still, sat before her fragile frame

The God I know interacts with me on a daily basis, he speaks to me and tells me secrets and trivial things- my God is so very present in my life, and he intervenes in the smallest of ways

But I can not help wondering Dad has suddenly lost over 50% of his hearing and the doctors have told him there is neither an explination or a cure. I can not help but wonder when
I see healing all around me. I have seen God heal hearts, legs, and arms right before my eyes. But when God doesn't heal my family, I take it personal.

Tears well up in my eyes, partly because of the onion I have just finished cutting, and partly because I am silently repeating ¨God is good,¨ but somehow my heart trips over Daddy´s hardened ear drum, and I can´t reconcile the fact God has told me that it´s not time for healing yet.

Another track is running through my head. The one that realizes that I have forgotten to thank God for the 59 years of open ears and converstations that weren´t full of the gracious ¨parden?s¨ my dad´s become accustomed to say.

The 3,358 miles that separate us tempt me to call them the culprit, but when I hear Mom telling me that insurance won´t cover it, and talk of hearing aids, I realize that I can´t fix this no matter how hard I try.

¨Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego answered King Nebuchadnezzar, “Your threat means nothing to us. If you throw us in the fire, the God we serve can rescue us from your roaring furnace and anything else you might cook up, O king. But even if he doesn’t, it wouldn’t make a bit of difference, O king. We still wouldn’t serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up.”
Daniel 3:16-17 MSG


1 comment:

  1. I SO get this. Sometimes it is so hard to keep the Truth track going....the world shouts so loudly how God fails us; all the time. But all the time, God is good. And He is enough. I'm encouraged by your thought that you should be thankful for the 59 years of conversations and good hearing....I need to think more like this.

    ReplyDelete